The Red Fort is a 17th century fort complex constructed by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the walled city of Old Delhi that served as the residence of the Mughal Emperors. It also served as the capital of the Mughals until 1857, when Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar was exiled by the British Indian government. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007. It covers a total area of about 250 acres.
Opposite the entrance to Red Fort lies the Shri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, which is the oldest and best-known Jain temple in Delhi, India.
Photograph © D.Etherington