This unusual designed building is known as The Dancing House and was designed in 1992 and completed in 1996. The house resembles a pair of dancers and was originally named Fred and Ginger after the famous dance couple Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. It is now used as an office block but is not accessible to the general public except for the roof restaurant.
The statue is of the Czech writer Alois Jirasek (1851-1930), who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1918, 1919, 1921 and 1930. It stands in front of the house where he lived from 1903 to 1930.