This bridge with its ornate iron railings lies between the two most famous wooden bridges in Lucerne. The octagonal pointed tower is part of the Chapel Bridge
and to the right is the Jesuit Church with its two onion topped towers. This was consecrated in 1677 and was the
first large baroque church built in Switzerland north of the alps.
To the left of the tall tree is the Mill Bridge (Spreuerbrücke),
and in front is the Needle Weir [Nadelwehr] with its wooden spikes which are still used to regulate the level of Lake Lucerne.