Exeter Quay's old-world appearance led to the filming here in the 1970's of the television series "The Onedin Line".
The long open building is the old Exeter Fish Market,
and the old building opposite with the three small flags is the Quay House, which was re-built in 1680-1681.
Further round is the old Customs House dating from 1681, the imposing building with the five arches and white stonework, and the oldest surviving brick building in Exeter. The inside of the building
has some very fine architecture.