This famous wooden covered bridge spans diagonally across the River Reuss.
It is Lucern's most famous attraction originally built in 1333, and contains a number of paintings dating back to the 17th century. Many of these were destroyed by a fire, along with most of the centuries old bridge in 1993 but have subsequently been restored. The bridge runs by an octagonal water tower which was
a 13th century fortification.